Pay Range: $114,066 - $148,285 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability
Sr. Capital Projects Officer position is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department’s Capital Delivery Division. We are seeking a highly qualified professional to serve in a key management role responsible for building leaders and working across the organization to drive innovation and develop best practices and standards for capital delivery.
The Senior Capital Projects Officer job responsibilities include:
- Works with other key leaders in the City and serves the organization through representing the City’s core values as they focus on implementing project delivery, pavement management, and technical best practices for the City’s infrastructure programs.
- Manages the Neighborhood Street and Pavement Management Programs that are led by Engineering Managers, responsible for project delivery and pavement management teams.
- Facilitates supply chain enhancements to ensure return on investment to the community and stakeholders.
- Understand and apply pavement management best practices to Capital Delivery and Operations & Maintenance programs.
- Proficiency in all project management disciplines (scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, stakeholder engagement, communication, etc.)
- Develop talent and build high performing teams through management and leadership.
- Contract administration using a variety of contracting methodologies.
- Plan, implement, and deliver large asset management programs.
- Distill and communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely to be understood by a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in project / program management, engineering, planning, public administration, business administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible administrative experience preferably within a local government environment.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience of delivering capital projects and pavement management work products and tools to facilitate a comprehensive and cohesive paving management program.
- Possession of at least one the following licenses/certifications: Professional Engineer (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), and/or Program Management Professional (PGMP).
- Familiarity with the Primavera P6 scheduling, VueWorks, and Project Management Information Systems (example – eBuilder).
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.