Pay Range: $66,898 - $86,967 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, March 28, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Construction Inspection Supervisor job is available with the City of Fort Worth, Development Services Department, Parkway Inspection Division.
- This is a full-time job.
- The selected candidate must be able to work some overtime when necessary.
The Construction Inspection Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Supervise, assigns, review, and participate in the work of employees responsible for the inspection of public works infrastructure projects, including the construction, repair, demolition or alteration of streets, curbs, sidewalks, driveway approaches, underground utilities, and related structures.
- Performs the more technical and complex tasks of the work unit.
- Schedules and attends pre-construction conferences, conducts final inspections.
- Reviews pay and estimates and changes order for accuracy.
- Makes recommendations on constructability of design for assigned projects.
- Designs needed changes and/or additions to plans and specifications.
- Reviews proposed project plans, specifications, and quantities; relays any omissions, or errors to appropriate staff.
- Reviews and evaluates construction change orders.
- Meets with design professionals or contractors to interpret design intent and modifications to plans and specifications; provides technical guidance and interpretation; and ensures compliance with city and industry standards, procedures, and regulations
- Associate Degree in Construction Science, Constructions Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Architecture or related field.
- Four (4) years of public works construction inspection experience.
- One (1) year of administration or lead supervisory responsibility.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience with Accela.
- Microsoft office (Word & Excel) skills.
- Construction Inspection Certification.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, repetitive motions, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling and lifting; depending on assignment. Incumbents may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, intense noises, gases, vibrations, chemicals, oils and workspace restrictions.
Medium work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.