Pay Range: $51,232 - $66,601 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Wednesday, March 28, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Assistant Field Operation Supervisor job is available with the City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department West District. Are you looking for more than just a regular job with no real way of gauging your success? Do you enjoy working with the public and making a difference? Or do you like the idea of Keeping Fort Worth Beautiful? If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, then this is the job for you.
The West District is looking for a team player to join our group of talented and passionate individuals. Although, this is a small group, the results are undeniable because this is more than a group of people working for the City of Fort Worth, this is a close and tight-knit family working together to help the community.
Work hours: 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. May be required to work after hours and weekends.
The Assistant Field Operation Supervisor job responsibilities include:
- Oversee staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; ensure employees follow policies and procedures; maintain a safe working environment and safety training; assist in making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Create, assign and follow up on work orders; ensure maintenance goals are met; inspect maintenance, repair and operational activities; operate equipment and machinery, as needed.
- Participate in supervising scheduled preventative maintenance programs for equipment and facilities; maintain records of time, material, and equipment used for projects or services. Assist district field operations activities with city departments, outside agencies and organizations; prepare and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Assist in inventorying supplies, equipment and chemicals; monitor use of appropriate supplies, tools, and equipment and assist in purchasing.
- Respond to and resolve public inquiries and complaints; confer with customers regarding problems; respond to emergencies as needed.
- Assist the Field Operations Supervisor in the development of policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; make recommendations for existing procedures.
- Assist in establishing schedules and methods for providing maintenance; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Perform skilled maintenance and horticulture tasks; utilize specialized machines and tools; monitor irrigation and make repairs; apply fertilizers and pesticide and maintain records of applications.
- Establish working relationships with Park & Recreation contract compliance staff to ensure contracted mowing is performed according to contract agreements; make observations and report issues to contract compliance staff.
- HS Diploma/GED
- Three (3) years of responsible experience in field construction, maintenance, repair, or operational activities related to assigned department or division.
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver's License.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid Texas Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicators License.
- Must pass drug test
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word) as well as VueWorks and/or other Job tracking software.
- Experience with maintenance of a dog park
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.