Pay Range: $87,354 – 113,561 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Wednesday, April 5, 2023
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Professional Engineer - Water Development job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Development. The Sr. Professional Engineer will supervise the Development Section of the Water Department under the direction of the Planning and Development Manager. The ideal candidate will need to understand the existing water and wastewater hydraulic system, along with a thorough understanding of Fort Worth engineering design requirements and Fort Worth development process.
This Position qualifies for the following incentives which is separate from the base pay:
- Sign-On Incentive of $5,400
- Student Loan Repayment Program in amount of $5,200
The Sr. Professional Engineer - Water Development job responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership to engineering technicians and other staff members in the department related to water and wastewater engineering. Supervise, coordinate, direct, and monitor the section's day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for reviewing construction plans for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Oversees pre-development meetings, plats, Board of Adjustment cases, Zoning cases, and site plans.
- Responsible for coordinating high-level complex developers’ water/sewer projects from pre-development phase to post construction phase with internal staff and external customers.
- Address construction issues with the field staff inputs.
- Serve as a project manager and be responsible for other assigned tasks.
- Analyze and resolve planning/development-related problems in assigned areas; and gather data through research; recommend solutions; and monitor implementation.
- Other Engineering duties are as assigned to support the Water Department’s Planning and Development needs.
- Manage design review, design cost negotiations related to large water and wastewater mains, metering stations, lift stations constructed in collaboration with developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field
- Three (3) years of professional civil engineering experience as a registered professional engineer.
- Two (2) years performing project management that includes design and contract administration of water and wastewater projects.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- The candidate should have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, strong reporting skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service, time management, communication and writing skills are essential to address high volume of telephone, email, walk-in public inquiries.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, repetitive motions, climbing and balancing.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.