Pay Range: $73,120 - $95,056 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, March 30, 2023
** Sign-On Incentive of $5,000 **
The City of Fort Worth is one of the largest cities in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Professional Engineer-Water/Wastewater job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water Development. The Professional Engineer will be working in Development Services Water Section under the direction of the Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will need to understand the existing water and wastewater hydraulic system, along with a thorough understanding of Fort Worth engineering design requirements and the Fort Worth development process.
This Position qualifies for the following incentives which are separate from the base pay:
- Sign-On Incentive of $5,000
- Student Loan Repayment Program in the amount of $5,200
The Professional Engineer’s-Water/Wastewater job responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership to engineering technicians and other staff members in the department related to water and wastewater engineering. Supervise, coordinate, direct, and monitor the section's day-to-day activities.
- Responsible for reviewing construction plans for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Oversees pre-development meetings, plats, Board of Adjustment cases, Zoning cases, and site plans.
- Responsible for coordinating high-level complex developers’ water/sewer projects from the pre-development phase to the post-construction phase with internal staff and external customers.
- Address construction issues with the field staff inputs.
- Serve as a project manager and be responsible for other assigned tasks.
- Analyze and resolve planning/development-related problems in assigned areas; gather data through research; recommend solutions, and monitor implementation.
- Other Engineering duties are assigned to support the Water Department’s Planning and Development needs.
- Manage design review, and design cost negotiations related to large water and wastewater mains, metering stations, and lift stations constructed in collaboration with developers.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or related field.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience of which two (2) years must be in project management that includes design and contract administration of water and wastewater projects.
- Possession of registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six months of employment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- The candidate should have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and strong reporting skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer service, time management, communication, and writing skills are essential to address a high volume of telephone, email, and walk-in public inquiries.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.