Pay Range: $22.14 - $27.68/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, December 07, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Master Electrician job is available with The City of Fort Worth Property Management Department, Facilities Division. This division provides City Departments with world class facility planning, design, construction, renovation and maintenance services.
This position offers a 4-day work week. Shift hours are 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday – Thursday or 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Tuesday – Friday, depending on business needs. Overtime may be required.
The Master Electrician job responsibilities include:
- Leads and participates in the work of skilled workers for assigned projects and responsibilities to include maintenance, repair, renovation, new construction and installation of equipment at City facilities
- Ensures work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures
- Provides technical guidance and assists in training to lower level skilled and maintenance workers on proper techniques and procedures within assigned trades area. Monitors and coordinates work of lower level staff
- Assists supervisory staff with scheduling planning projects and maintenance activities for assigned trades area
- Recommends appropriate resources to use for projects and activities and identifies resource needs
- Maintains equipment and supplies used for trades work performing preventative maintenance on tools, supplies and equipment
- Reviews drawings, diagrams, specifications and work orders. Creates and updates drawings, diagrams and specifications
- Maintains repair and maintenance logs for equipment and facilities and records work orders when projects and maintenance activities are completed
- Requisitions parts, supplies and services. Contacts vendors to assess availability of supplies, parts and equipment
- Works with contractor to complete projects and assignments. Identifies work to be completed for contractors
- HS Diploma/GED supplemented by specialized training in assigned trade
- Four (4) years of related skilled trades experience, including one year of lead supervisory experience
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License
- Texas Master Electrician’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Heavy Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Work at considerable heights and work from ladders or scaffolding.
Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A Misdemeanor Conviction, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last 10 years, Class A Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication in the last 10 years, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and ALL Family Violence Convictions regardless of class.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.