Pay Rate: $15.50 - $17.71/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Building & Grounds Attendant job is available with the City of Fort Worth Public Events Department – Will Rogers Memorial Center. Do you like being mobile, working with your hands, working hours other than the standard 8-5, and not having to work in a traditional setting? Do you enjoy attending events at the Will Rogers Memorial Center? If you thrive on this type of work and take pride in being a part of a team, you are who we are looking for to fill the Building & Grounds Attendant position for public events held at the Will Rogers Memorial Center.
By working at the Will Rogers Memorial Center you will be doing work that matters! The Building & Grounds Attendant plays a very important role in making sure all events are set up correctly and run smoothly. Will Rogers hosts a diverse calendar of events which includes World Championship Horse and Livestock Shows, Consumer and Trade Shows, Cultural, Educational, and Performing Arts Shows and much more.
The Building & Grounds Attendant job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the setting and removal of tables and chairs and other equipment required for contracted events.
- Cleaning of offices, restrooms, event spaces and other assigned buildings and facilities.
- Setting and removal of horse stalls, cattle panels/pens and other equipment required for contracted equestrian/livestock events.
- Cleaning of animal stalls, pens and other assigned buildings, facilities or other areas of the show grounds.
- Operation of forklift, farm tractor or other motorized equipment.
- Responsible for completing any other assigned event service tasks.
- Depending on assignment, positions typically exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects
- Task will vary by event and is not limited to what is listed.
Additional details about this position include:
- ***LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS TO WORK ON ALL THREE SHIFTS. 2ND SHIFT (3:00PM-11:30PM) AND 3RD SHIFT/OVERNIGHTS (11:00PM-7:30AM) QUALIFY FOR SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY***
- Public Events Department employees are subject to reassignment based on work load and/or the needs of the City or the Department. This reassignment may involve relocation to the Fort Worth Convention Center or another City facility.
- The Will Rogers Memorial Center operates 3 shifts, 24 hours a day. Applicants for this position must be willing to work a flexible schedule that coincides with the events held at the facilities.
- Must also be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and have scheduled days off on days other than Saturday and Sunday.
- Great Benefits – Medical and Dental insurance, Paid Vacation time, Paid Sick time, Paid Bereavement leave, Paid Holidays, Paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long term disability, Retirement plan and Employee Discounts available for various attractions.
- High School Diploma or GED is required, work experience can supplement this requirement.
- No experience is required.
- Texas driver’s license.
- Six months of related custodial or manual labor work experience is preferred
- At least 1 yr of heavy public contact experience
- At least 1 yr of forklift experience
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.