Pay Range: $13.16/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Recreation Assistant job is available with The City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department for the After School Program. The After School Program provides a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of children ages 5 – 13 through character development, literacy programs, arts and crafts, team building and recreational activities. You will be responsible for assisting in coordinating and conducting programs and activities at a community center while being assigned to a specific group and ensure the well-being of the children.
These positions will work up to 19 hours a week. The work schedule, during the school year, is typically Monday - Friday from 2:00PM - 6:00PM. Summer hours vary. These positions do not include benefits.
Job locations include:
- Diamond Hill Community Center (1)
- Fire Station Community Center (1)
- Handley Meadowbrook Community Center (1)
- Riverside Community Center (1)
- Mobile Rec (3)
The Recreation Assistant job responsibilities include:
- Supervise and participate with the children during the After School Program
- Promote, coordinate, and develop structured lesson plans and activities such as arts and crafts, games, sports and other recreational activities and events
- Assist with snack distribution, serving, and clean-up
- Assist with field trips and community programs
- Submit attendance records and other reports as requested
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area at all times
- Maintain discipline, group control, and practice safety
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least six months experience working with children ages 5 – 13 years old, leading activities in a recreational and/or educational environment (including volunteer, internship, and observation through college coursework)
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPR, First Aid, and AED certification during the first six months of employment
- Experience performing custodial duties
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience using software for registration, payments, and POS
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.