Pay Rate: $15.27/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, December 6, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Maintenance Worker job is available with The City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department- North District location. The Park & Recreation Department maintains more than 200 parks and public spaces citywide as well as providing recreational activities and educational programming that makes Fort Worth a great place to live, work and play.
Work Schedule: 6:30am - 3:00pm, Monday- Friday, with a weekend rotating schedule during the peak season from March through October.
The Sr. Maintenance Worker job responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of landscaping, construction and maintenance activities in the completion of assigned divisional services and operations which may include those related to water distribution or collection systems, utility services, transportation/public works, park and recreation department and other manual labor responsibilities.
- Operate a variety of gas powered equipment and hand tools such as pressure washers, chain saws, augers, hedge trimmers, push mowers, weed eaters, blowers, shovels, rakes, wheel barrels, pick axes and various other equipment in support of a variety of maintenance and construction operations.
- Clean and maintain tools, vehicles, trailers and equipment; complete and assist in strenuous repair, installation, or construction activities.
- Perform additional construction, maintenance, and grounds keeping activities such as post & cable installation and repairs, signs installation, painting, parking lot striping, bed maintenance, playground maintenance, creek clearing, plants and trees planting and mowing.
- Remove litter and debris from ditches, culverts, creek beds and right of ways; collect and haul trash, garbage, debris, dirt, sand and gravel; backfill jobs as required.
- Perform grounds maintenance duties such as playground maintenance, low limbing trees, creek clearing, mowing grass, operating a ground master, 580D mowers, tractors, weed eater, stick edger, backpack blower, removing and trimming trees and shrubbery, raking leaves and removing trash.
- Operate medium and light equipment such as tractors, riding mowers, forklifts, frontend loaders, jackhammers, cement mixers and various other equipment in support of a variety of maintenance and construction operations.
- Proper technique and use of a variety of hand and power tools and machinery are required.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Three (3) years of general maintenance, park maintenance, and /or construction experience
- Valid Class C Driver's License
- Possess Class A CDL.
- Texas Pesticide Applicator's License.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.