Pay Range: $49,261 - $64,039 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, December 06, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Buyer I job is available with The City of Fort Worth Financial Management Services Department Purchasing Division. You will be responsible for providing support in the procurement of goods and services for the City of Fort Worth departments and operations to establish contracts and purchase agreements with suppliers and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
The Buyer I job responsibilities include:
- Recommend the appropriate method or procurement to management.
- Review and edit specifications received from city departments.
- Prepare bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchasing of equipment, materials, services, and supplies in both formal and informal situations.
- Assist purchasing and user department staff responsible for ordering, receiving, monitoring of assigned contracts and with methods and techniques demonstrating industry best practices for procurement.
- Solicit bids from appropriate vendors, compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of equipment, materials, services, and supplies.
- Expedite the delivery of purchased materials.
- Make necessary adjustments with suppliers regarding replacements, incomplete orders, warranty claims or damaged supplies.
- Perform market analysis on requested goods and services, formulate, negotiate, establish and administer annual purchase agreement arrangement for a range of products and or services for the city.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, economics, accounting or a related field.
- Possession of a valid Texas Class C Driver's License.
- Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Contract development and Cost/price analysis.
- BuySpeed Online or PeopleSoft purchasing systems experience.
- Municipal purchasing laws, policies and procedures.
- Basic accounting procedures and practices
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.