Pay Range: $23.85 - $29.81/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, December 3, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Construction Inspector job is available with the City of Fort Worth Water department in the Water utility, Security/Emergency Management Section. The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing Lake Worth facilities, reviewing and understanding plans, and overseeing construction projects involving water and sanitary sewer mains, storm drainage, and concrete and asphalt paving for conformance with plans, specifications and contracts. This individual will establish and maintain effective working relationships with regulatory agencies, consultants, contractors, utilities, the general public and other employees. The candidate should be a responsible, dependable and extremely detail-oriented individual.
Candidates must have the ability to work overtime/call back hours during weekdays, weekends and holidays, as needed.
The Sr. Construction Inspector job responsibilities include:
- Schedules and attends pre-construction meetings and final inspections
- Conducts site inspections on construction projects
- Acts as liaison between contractors and the general public with respect to various construction projects
- Maintains TCEQ regulations and requirements for Lake Worth and Lake Worth Dam
- Promotes, establishes, and maintains effective working relationships with various individuals and neighborhood associations
- HS diploma/GED supplemented by college level course work in Engineering, Architecture, Construction or a related field
- Three (3) years of Construction Inspection experience involving the construction and maintenance of public utility systems and structures.
- Candidate must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain, within six months of employment, a valid Texas Boating License.
- Possession of or ability to obtain, within six months of employment, an On-Site Sewage Facility Designated Representative License from TCEQ.
- Experience in plumbing and electrical installations of low-pressure sanitary sewer systems
- Strong interpersonal, management, and communications skills with the unique ability to be able to transfer these concepts clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with the internal City staff and external customers
- Understanding of the Real Estate/Lease Properties process
- Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- At least two years’ experience with water/sewer, storm drainage, concrete/asphalt inspections
- At least two years’ supervisory experience
Must pass the City of Fort Worth Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) physical prior to job placement.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.