Pay Range: $19.08 - $21.47/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, December 3, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Administrative Technician job is available with The City of Fort Worth Water / Field Operations Division. The Field Operations Division is a 24/7 operation and is the largest division of the Water Department and an integral function of the maintenance of the City of Fort Worth’s infrastructure.
The ideal candidate/s will perform routine clerical and administrative support to the daily operations of Field Operations and perform a variety of routine fiscal and administrative tasks for staff and management personnel in assigned area of responsibility. This position is essential to the daily operations of the Field Operations Division and an integral role in the department's success. The City of Fort Worth offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes life, health, and various additional coverage options, as well as a pension program for our career employees.
Administrative Technician job responsibilities include:
- Perform a wide variety of routine administrative and technical tasks to support the daily operations of the Field Operations Administration Office, as well as perform a wide variety of clerical tasks for field staff and management.
- Work independently while actively participating in a team environment.
- Provide staff support including serving as backup for other staff positions in their absence and performing related duties as assigned.
- PeopleSoft timekeeping data entry.
- Prepares and processes payroll and personnel transactions for an assigned area. Assists the section/division and Human Resources in interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding processes.
- Processing of license reimbursements for Field employees.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the City’s Personnel Rules and Regulations.
- Troubleshoot issues for positive outcomes.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college with major course work in Business, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Office Administration or a related field.
- Two (2) years clerical and administrative work experience.
- ERP Payroll System experience, specifically PeopleSoft.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through, and experience handling multiple priorities and projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
Sedentary Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/ or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Working Conditions: Depending on the assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, and repetitive motions.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.