Pay Range: $78,499 - $93,000 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, October 23, 2021
A Professional Engineer job is available with The City of Fort Worth in the Stormwater Development Services (SDS) team of the Development Services Department. The SDS team works to safeguard citizens and resources and guide sustainable development while promoting quality growth. The team serves the City by reviewing drainage studies, flood studies, subdivision construction plans and related permits for private development projects.
While the work is technical in nature, there is a strong focus on customer service, communication and accountability. The ideal candidate for this job, not only has experience with flood studies, but also possesses high emotional intelligence, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. SDS team members coordinate and communicate with the development community, Fort Worth citizens, outside agencies, and internal City departments.
The Professional Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Review flood studies, that are submitted in support of LOMR, CLOMR, and floodplain development permits, for conformance with FEMA and City criteria.
- Review drainage studies, subdivision construction plans, grading permits, building permits and floodplain development permits for conformance to City ordinances and policies.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience. This includes timely, clear and concise communication, and application of empathy, patience, humbleness and a sense of collaboration to customer interactions.
- Manage competing priorities and produce review deliverables on time and within budget.
- Coordinate with stakeholders in other City departments or teams, development project representatives, citizens, state and federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience.
- Two (2) years in Stormwater or Water Resources Engineering.
- Possession of current registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. If licensed in another state, then continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer within the State of Texas within six (6) months of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Experience with preparing flood studies for submission to FEMA, including HEC-HMS and HEC-RAS models for LOMR, CLOMR, or CTP program submissions.
- Extensive knowledge of FEMA floodplain regulations, floodplain modelling best practices and FEMA modeling guidance, and floodplain permitting requirements.
- Experience with drainage and grading design, floodplain modelling, stormwater system modelling and planning, detention pond design, or subdivision infrastructure design.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Pro, and geographic information systems (GIS)
- Proficiency with industry standard hydraulic and hydrologic modelling software. For example: HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8, EPA SWMM, XP-SWMM, PondPack, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and produce deliverables on time and within budget.
- Past municipal experience, especially development review work.
- Previously prepared and submitted stormwater management plans or flood studies to the City of Fort Worth.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.