Pay Range: $62,451 - $81,187 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, September 28, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Management Analyst II job is available with The City of Fort Worth Property Management Department within the General Services Division. The Management Analyst II will perform wide variety of complex analytical support duties related to organizational analysis, budget preparation and monitoring; to analyze complex systems, procedures and operations; to design and implement improved systems, procedures and methods; and to perform a variety of analytical and administrative tasks related to assigned area of responsibility.
The Management Analyst II job responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development, analysis and formulation of the annual budget
- Develop guidelines and instruction to divisions on budget process and procedures
- Review requests for staffing and capital outlay
- Forecast funds needed for staffing, equipment and various projects
- Prepare departmental budget presentations and reports
- Monthly financial forecasts and identify possible budget overruns
- Coordinate appropriate solution with Financial Management Services and the City Manager’s Office
- Participate in special projects including research of new programs and services, budget analysis and preparation, and feasibility analyses
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public Administration, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Two (2) years of experience in the analysis of processes, procedures, operations, systems or methods, including experience in the functional area of assignment such as budget/financial management, research analysis or related experience
- Proficient in using Excel to include creating formulas and linking worksheets, PowerPoint with ability to create, modify and present in an appropriate format and Word with ability to concisely convey complex financial information
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Ability to perform budgetary, financial and variance analysis and then communicate those results both verbally and in written form
- Strong knowledge, skills and ability in evaluating numerical relationships
- Ability to prepare learning materials and conduct training workshops
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.