Pay Rate: $74,609 - $110,000 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
Join one of the premier Water Utilities in Texas! The City of Fort Worth is seeking a high energy, motivated individual to fill the leadership role at the Village Creek Water Reclamation Facility. The Wastewater Systems Superintendent will need to demonstrate collaborative management and leadership skills in planning, directing, managing and coordinating the operational and process control activities of a 166MGD water reclamation plant. The Wastewater Systems Superintendent directs the day-to-day operations of the Village Creek Water Reclamation facility and collaborates with other sections including maintenance and Instrumentation/Electrical sections, as well as other divisions, departments, consultants and outside contractors to ensure that the plant is operated efficiently, in compliance with all applicable regulations, and within established budget. The position provides technical advice and complex administrative support for the Assistant Water Director and ensures that modern, safe, effective, and efficient practices are utilized by plant personnel, as well as establishes accountability measures consistent with Department and Citywide goals and initiatives.
Wastewater Systems Superintendent job responsibilities include:
- Manage, supervise and coordinate assigned activities and operations related to Wastewater Treatment processes.
- Develop, implement, and manage annual sectional budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned wastewater programs including treatment, reuse water system, plant odor control, and operation of wet-weather high rate clarification and peak flow storage facilities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to key personnel as part of professional development through administration of an effective training program.
- Assure the quality of wastewater produced meets regulations set by federal, state, and local agencies, and ensures stability and quality standards of biosolids.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of required Discharge Monitoring Reports (DMRs) and Monthly Effluent Monitoring Reports (MERs).
- Record and maintain detailed information on the operation of the wastewater plant and compare the results with goals, regulatory and environmental standards.
- Prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence; serve as representative on variety of boards, commission and committees.
- Conduct a variety of organizational investigations and operational studies; recommends modifications to wastewater programs, policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures that all processes are evaluated for efficiency and works with other members of the management team to ensure continuous operations and transitions during maintenance and construction activities.
- Coordinates activities with other divisions, departments, outside agencies and contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in biology, chemistry, environmental science or a related field.
- At least six years of increasingly responsible experience in wastewater collections, treatment operations and maintenance, including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility
- Valid Texas driver’s license.
- TCEQ Class A Wastewater Treatment Operator License will be required at time of application. Applicants licensed outside the State of Texas will be required to obtain the appropriate license as outlined above through reciprocity, within six months of employment.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.