Pay Range: $52,275 - $67,957 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, May 17, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Internal Auditor job is available with the City of Fort Worth Internal Audit Department. The Internal Auditor is to perform a variety of audits and activities within the Department of Internal Audit, including reviewing analyzing and auditing administrative and financial operations in City departments; and performing a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. The selected candidate will receive direction from the City Auditor or other management or supervisory staff. The position is a full-time position scheduled Monday through Friday.
The Internal Auditor job responsibilities include:
- Conducting operational, performance, compliance, and financial audits;
- Preparing various audit planning documents, risk assessments, internal control questionnaires, background analysis, planning memos and work programs;
- Conducting fieldwork to accomplish objectives;
- Gathering, testing, validating data and drafting audit reports;
- Applying principles of logical thinking to define problems, research topics, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Making appropriate recommendations and following-up in a timely manner on previous recommendations to determine if satisfactory actions have been taken;
- Performing analytics and data mining, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, financial analysis, auditing or a related field.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience in reviewing, analyzing, and auditing administrative and financial operations of a government entity.
- Related certifications, i.e. CIA, CISA, CFE, CGAP, CGFM or CPA.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access computer software.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.