Pay Rate: $79,767 - $103,697
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, May 17th, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. IT Information Security Analyst job is available with The City of Fort Worth IT Solutions department. This department manages and supports the IT infrastructure and services for the City of Fort Worth.
Performs complex to advanced information security analysis and participates in the administration of the City’s information security program. Develops security and business continuance standards and action plans; develops security infrastructure and policies based on business needs, risk assessments, and regulatory requirements, and conducting information security risk analysis and system audits. Leads and coordinates cybersecurity analysis, design, testing, and other activities with divisions, departments and outside agencies.
Sr. IT Information Security Analyst job responsibilities include:
- Leads, and oversees the development and implementations of information technology security strategies, policies and procedures to protect the City of Fort Worth systems, information, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Designs and assess audits, scans, logs, and other testing to assess information technology security risks and facilitate mitigations and remediation of identified vulnerabilities. Reports on findings and recommends corrective actions.
- Performs complex to advanced assessments of the IT security/risk posture within the IT network, systems and software applications. Identifies opportunities to reduce risk and documents remediation options regarding acceptance or mitigation of risk scenarios.
- Serves as a cybersecurity subject matter expert and liaison for technology related projects and others as necessary.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of the cybersecurity program and systems; and works with employees on the continuous improvement of the cybersecurity program and systems.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and five (5) years of responsible experience in Information Security programs.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a CJIS background check.
- Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), or similar certification.
- Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.