Pay Rate: $15.97 - $19.96/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Monday, May 17th, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Parts Expeditor job is available with The City of Fort Worth Water Department’s - Field Operations Division in the Field Operations Warehouse facility. The City of Fort Worth offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes life, health, and various additional coverage options, as well as a pension program for our career employees.
Parts Expeditor job responsibilities include:
- Maintain a large-scale warehouse inventory and stockroom.
- Provide support in the procurement of materials, supplies, and services used in repair, maintenance, and operations.
- Understand, apply and explain the city purchasing policies.
- Assist in establishing bid quotes, contracts, and agreements with vendors.
- Perform a variety of technical procurement, disbursement, and inventory management duties.
- Responsible for purchasing routine and emergency items.
- Understand and follow pertinent federal, state, and local rules and regulations governing a municipal purchasing program.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Specialized training in inventory management, accounting, purchasing, or related field.
- Three years of experience in purchasing, sales, or inventory control.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Forklift Operator certification.
- Must be able to work a 24-hour emergency call back rotating schedule.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft, and Maximo or similar systems.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Five + years’ experience in procurement of goods and services
- Previous experience in the utilities, mechanical, or construction industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy Work – Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up-to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, repetitive motions, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.