Pay Rate: $41,510 - $51,188 annual compensation
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Administrative Assistant job is available with the City of Fort Worth Code Compliance Department – Administrative Team. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and administrative skills, outstanding customer service in a fast paced work environment with a strong focus on results and the ability to adapt to change. The department is seeking a candidate who has an easy going attitude, a good sense of humor and enjoys working closely with others to develop vital working relationships.
The Administrative Assistant job responsibilities include:
- Provide confidential and complex administrative and fiscal management support to the daily operations of the various Code Compliance divisions.
- Participate in budget and fiscal activities and provide staff support including payroll, medical records coordination, workers’ compensation, and other personnel transactions as assigned.
- Serve as the department Human Resource Coordinator (HRC) and Medical Records Custodian (MRC), and acts as a liaison between the department and Human Resources.
- Assist with managing the hiring process internally for various department positions including temporary, seasonal, and intern positions. This includes research, recruitment needs, job postings, and facilitating interviews.
- Assist with analytical research and various projects, prepare and present reports, and assist with planning.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college with major course work in Business Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- Four (4) years of clerical and administrative experience.
- PeopleSoft HCM/Financial experience. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Previous experience facilitating interviews, writing job postings and handling new hire onboarding processes. Knowledge of record keeping and records retention.
- Experience with interpreting and applying policies and procedures, and writing standard operating procedures.
- Good communication skills, both orally and writing.
- Extensive and increasingly responsible customer service experience.
- Bi-lingual Skills (English/Spanish).
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.