Pay Rate: $17.20 - $21.50/hr.
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Administrative Technician job is available with the City of Fort Worth City Secretary’s Office M&C Center to provide excellent customer service and routine administrative support to the daily operations of the City Secretary’s Office.
The City Secretary’s Office is committed to focusing upon areas of responsibility; providing effective resolution of issues; providing superior customer service to citizens, City Council and staff; and producing vital and productive outcomes that positively reflect established priority for the City of Fort Worth. Our mission is to promote open and responsive government through proper recording and preservation of the city’s legislative history and official documents; providing responsive customer service to our diverse customer base; and conducting fair and impartial city elections.
Administrative Technician job responsibilities include:
- Provide direct support to the City Secretary’s Office which will require the person to have frequent contact with Executive-level staff, department directors and other City employees.
- Perform a wide variety of routine administrative and technical tasks to support the daily operations of the City Secretary’s Office, as well as perform a wide variety of clerical tasks for other staff and management.
- Produce, process and assemble all materials (documents) necessary for weekly City Council meeting packets.
- Work independently while actively participating in a team environment.
- Provide staff support including serving as backup for other staff positions in their absence and performing related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Two (2) years of combined complex clerical and administrative experience.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through, and experience handling multiple priority and projects.
- Strong proofreading and multi-tasking skills are required along with possessing patience and flexibility during revisions of submitted documents. Superior grammar, punctuation and formatting skills.
- Experience in preparing agenda packets using agenda management software.
- Experience with the Granicus Agenda Management system or similar software. Experience with document imaging systems, preferably Laserfiche, and FOIA software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.