Pay Rate: $47,826 - $62,174
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Contract Compliance Specialist job is available with the City of Fort Worth Property Management Department. This position will provide support in contract execution, procurement process and management of the department’s contracts. The candidate must be able to attentively evaluate, effectively route, and successfully monitor the funding and expiration of contracts according to accepted business practices and internal standards. The ideal candidate must be able to clearly communicate with internal project managers and external contractors about any aspect of the contract review process, bid openings, and amendments, while also completing a variety of administrative tasks in support of the assigned area of responsibility including bid openings, contract review/routing and verification. The selected candidate will also educate departmental employees about existing processes, and establish practices that are efficient and well respected.
The Contract Compliance Specialist job responsibilities include:
- Conducts research of cost effective procurement options, draft and/or revise contracts, renewals, amendments and monitors purchase orders.
- Develop or update contract specifications for goods or services needed by the division. Initiate the bidding process for new or expired contracts.
- Monitoring and oversight of contracts (e.g. bid advertisement, contract execution, purchase orders, renewal, change orders, etc.).
- Conduct site visits to audit compliance with contract requirements; analyze operations; present performance reports; report any discrepancies; make recommendations for corrective actions and works with contractors to achieve compliance.
- Assists in development and management of contract tracking database and related information; and assists in improvement, restructuring and maintenance of the contract filing system.
- Reviews revenue, expenditures and balances for all service contracts; analyzes expenditures to ensure transactions are accurate and appropriate.
- Examines purchase requests; maintains, reviews and monitors financial records and requests for payments.
- Assists in the development of General Fund budgets and establish appropriation of funding through the budget process and/or through appropriation ordinance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in Business Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance or related field. No prior experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the position will be considered.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Experience in contract development and contract management.
- Excellent ability in methods and techniques of analyzing and evaluating contracted services, data, preparing reports and contract compliance.
- Detail oriented: Will have well-developed methods and techniques of monitoring complex processes.
- The understanding of governmental procurement procedures.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, with technical writing experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.