Pay Rate: $14.82/hr.
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Maintenance Worker job is available with the City of Fort Worth Park & Recreation Department Graffiti Abatement Program.
Are you looking for more than just a regular job with no real way of gauging your success? Do you enjoy working with the public and making a difference? Or do you like the idea of Keeping Fort Worth Beautiful? If you answered “Yes!” to these questions, then this is the job for you. The Graffiti Abatement Program is looking for a responsible, self-driven, creative and motivated team player to join our group of talented and passionate individuals. Although, this is a small group, the results are undeniable because this is more than a group of people working for the City of Fort Worth, this is a close and tight-knit family working together to help the community.
Work hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. May be required to work after hours and weekends.
The Sr. Maintenance Worker job responsibilities include:
- Conduct onsite inspections of unidentified properties to determine property ownership, and investigate complaints regarding streets, alleys, and private commercial properties..
- Assist in preparation of special events associated with Park & Recreation Department.
- Photographs the scene of graffiti and document the location.
- Perform specific duties related to parks and community services including skilled maintenance tasks related to graffiti.
- Knowledge of equipment used in the graffiti abatement process, i.e., spray equipment, power washer,and blaster, chemical wash and other appropriate removal methods and materials. Must be familiar with various types of paint and paint products as well as graffiti removal substances, experience with the graffiti abatement process and have a working knowledge of and skills in applying acceptable abatement procedures.
- Assist in establishing schedules and methods for providing construction, maintenance, and repair services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff.
- Operates assigned vehicles skillfully and safely; observes safe driving practices.
- Train lower-level personnel and, must be able to distinguish colors; must be able to operate assigned vehicle.
- Must be able to work on slippery or uneven surfaces, work with and around heavy machinery, in or near vehicle traffic; exposure to dust and fumes from motorized equipment; possible exposure to toxic chemicals.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Three (3) years of general maintenance and/or construction experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Microsoft Office Suite Applications experience
- Public Contact/Customer Service Skills
- Supervisory experience
Office environment; exposure to computer screens; Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time, stooping, or standing related to completing assigned divisional tasks. Must be able to operate assigned vehicle; Exposure to the outdoor elements while abating, painting murals, and blitz on outdoor facilities. Maintain sufficient body flexibility and stamina to perform graffiti abatement and mural projects that require bending, stooping, kneeling stretching, working on ladders, and other physical conditions.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.