Pay Rate: $81,548 - $106,012
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
The City of Fort Worth has the Employee and Labor Relations Manager position open in the Human Resources Department. This role reports to the Director of Human Resources. The position is responsible for providing expertise and case management of Employee Relation and Labor Relation issues and initiatives for the organization.
Employee and Labor Relations Manager job duties include:
- Manage and develop a team of Employee Relations professionals charged with providing Human Resource support to City employees and department management
- Coach Management throughout the organization on best practices regarding employee communication, positive employee relations, conflict resolutions, administering discipline, grievance administration, and engagement
- Monitor our working environments throughout the organization to detect issues and concerns and follow up with action and engagement plans
- Provide administration of the grievance process and disciplinary policies and procedures to ensure fairness and consistency
- Investigate and resolve employee complaints, issues, and concerns regarding employment practices within the organization
- Assist counsel to prepare for arbitration, and other legal proceedings
- Collaborate with HR leadership on organizational strategies and make recommendations that align with the City of Fort Worth culture and values
- Provide expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers and HRBPs to address employee behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions, and which aligns with City approach, practices, and processes
- Conduct investigations to include; gathering and analyzing facts, applying relevant laws, policies and past practice to reach conclusions, recommend and influence management actions
- Provide Labor Relations advice and counsel to Sr. Management, lead the negotiations with Union representatives, and execute the Meet and Confer Agreements and Collective Bargaining Agreements with the Police and Fire unions.
- Interface with union representatives at the local leadership level to build effective union-city relations
- Assist leaders and employees at all levels by developing and consistently demonstrating effective communication and conflict management
Minimum job requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of five years of Human Resources experience.
- A minimum of two years of Management/Supervisory experience
Preferred experience includes:
- Previous Employee Relations experience
- Possession of a Master’s Degree or Juris Doctorate
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.