Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
As Director, Hub Operations, you will serve as the operations leader for the market, directing activities across Cityblock’s interdisciplinary member-facing care teams, and leading practice operations in support of Cityblock’s clinical teams.
You will work with your team of care team leads and clinical operations manager(s) to provide leadership, oversight and support for daily management, and develop strategic plans to improve current processes with an emphasis on “scaling the model” to serve our growing patient population. Because Cityblock is a new and rapidly growing startup, this role is responsible for process development and improvement, as well as execution at scale, in both existing and future lines of business.
This role reports to the Executive Director and will work closely with the region’s Medical Director, and functional roles at Cityblock’s headquarters.
- Own and share accountability for market operations strategy, execution and achievement of key operational results
- Lead run rate market operations initiatives for a set of critical functions that could include, but are not limited to: staffing and hiring, care team productivity, strategic partnerships, and more
- Develop strategic initiatives in coordination with clinical and operational stakeholders to improve quality, member outcomes and total cost of care performance
- Ensure that member experience is humanized and person-first by leading efforts to establish and improve member experience processes, and workflows, ensuring that all are executed with “The Cityblock Way” in mind
- Proactively address operational issues and collaborate with in-market team members to solve problems quickly and thoughtfully, and ensure that learnings from process builds are captured to support our care model and implementation playbooks for the future
- Ensure that all learnings from process builds are tightly captured so that we are continuing to develop our care model and implementation playbooks for future markets; implement new performance metrics where they apply
- Support direct reports in maintaining efficient and effective operations, including member experience, staff scheduling, communications, and general operational support for the care team
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies and procedures across all aspects of operations, including proper documentation and billing practices, through collaboration with in-market staff
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience managing diverse operations teams with multiple direct reports who serve multiple functions, including 2+ years in a clinical practice setting
- Familiarity with the healthcare landscape and community health needs of the market
- Experience and comfort working within a high-paced, ever-evolving startup environment, working with operators, technologists and clinicians
- Operated in a value-based care setting (e.g. capitated arrangements, ACO) where you were accountable for achieving success against key performance metrics
- Hands-on operations leadership experience; you’ve built and improved teams, built deep stakeholder relationships, and driven high-fidelity, field-based operations
- Excellent project/ process management skills (particularly with modern tool suites built off of cloud-based collaboration), and you are rigorous, energetic, agile, flexible, and aren’t afraid to do the work yourself
- Familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to value-based care operations and care delivery, including documentation, quality reporting, and environmental requirements to ensure safety for members and staff in clinic-based and home-based settings
- Compassionate, open-minded, and non-judgmental
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.