Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Mobile Integrated Care team with Virtual Care and in-home offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide in home urgent care to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model. You will help us in meeting members where they are by evaluating and treating them in their home to address concerns that can safely avoid an emergency department visit and/or hospital admission.
Location - Five boroughs of New York City and considerations to western Nassau County.
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare while building trusting relationships with individuals, their families and caregivers, and communities
- As an Advanced Community Care Clinician, you would be expected to be available to travel to a patient's home via a company fleet vehicle or Uber/Lyft with equipment to evaluate and treat them for their acute concern
- Required availability would be 2 - 5 shifts a week, with a flexible shift length of 4-8 hours, between the hours 12p - 8p, Monday - Friday (No weekends, nights or holidays).
- A fleet vehicle and equipment will be provided. Travel costs will be reimbursed if no vehicle is available.
- Expect collaboration, shared-decision making, and partnership across clinical and non-clinical care team members, including our team of Virtual Community Health Partners, allied health personnel, and Member Services Center
- Partner with other members of the care team, providing physical health clinical support and collaborating closely with Nurses, Behavioral Health Specialists, and allied health personnel, among others
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day
Requirements for the Role:
- You are comfortable with meeting patients where they are and working directly with them in the comfort of their own homes.
- You are comfortable with venipuncture and delivering therapeutic interventions to patients directly.
- You are passionate about improving access to care and innovative healthcare delivery
- You are passionate about tackling the issue of healthcare inequity
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- Rapidly deploy to members’ homes in response to urgent requests for medical, behavioral health and social needs
- Function as part of an interdisciplinary care team to provide in-home clinical, behavioral and social care to individuals with complex needs, under direct physician oversight
- Work within Cityblock’s custom-built care facilitation platform, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family
- Rapidly build empathy and trust to assist members in achieving goals, identifying new needs, and coordinating care
- Utilize critical thinking skills and excellent communication skills to manage complex clinical issues, provide effective handoffs and ensure loop-closure
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for participation in paid time off, including sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $63,900 to $74,700. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.