Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Cityblock is seeking an Executive Product Leader to own our Data Platform and Strategy.
- This group, spanning nearly 20 FTEs, is structured as a fully verticalized business unit and accountable directly to our President and co-founder Toyin Ajayi.
- Internally we call this unit our “Care Model API”, and it entails the end-to-end value chain from third party data integration, qa, normalization, and warehousing through to novel signal development, algorithm iteration, and care model decision support. It is the “intelligence backbone” of our model, and drives all staff steerage, care modulation, and member insight.
- As we scale our delivery operations to many hundreds of thousands of members receiving care from many thousands of staff, we are increasingly leveraged by our ability to deliver a differentiated data offering here. This team, and this leadership role, are imperative to our scale and the success of Cityblock over the coming 4 years.
Requirements for the Role:
- 10+ years in Product Management in agile software businesses.
- Leadership experience at a large-scale ($1B+ revenue) enterprise. Ideally C- or SVP- level.
- Experience setting and evangelizing a Data Strategy from scratch, and scaling a technical organization to deliver against it. Accountability for department or business-unit P&L.
- Experience leading the development of novel signals using Data Science and ML.
- Entrepreneurial approach and hands-on leadership style. Equal comfort in the models and in the boardroom.
How We Define Success:
- In your first 90 days you’ll establish yourself as the accountable executive for all data quality and signal development at Cityblock.
- You’ll build strong relationships across the executive suite and the functions of Engineering, Analytics, Actuary, Clinical Delivery, and Operations.
- You’ll deliver a rationalized framework for how we organize our derived member signals and attributes at Cityblock; taking into account the unique nature of our care model and the dynamic risk of the populations we serve.
- You’ll lay the groundwork for a multi-year multi-million-dollar department roadmap that takes Cityblock from startup to enterprise credibility.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience working with Healthcare data on the Payer and/or Providers side
- Experience building Data Decision Support for clinical delivery environments
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.