Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Cityblock is seeking an executive Product leader to oversee our end-to-end data offering and platform
- This role will lead product for two main sub departments Data Analytics and Data Science, as well as our engineering Data Ingestion, QA, and Normalization capabilities.
- The Data Analytics team (8 FTE) powers our central analytics capability, and data warehouse; most notably overseeing our company-wide self-service data tooling used by 100s of staff daily for performance management, clinical decision support, and market strategy. This team also oversees all partner reporting, and ensures strong assets available for exec reviews and board meetings.
- The Data Science team leads on derived member attributes and signals at Cityblock: spanning disease-state identifiers, to risk modeling, to staffing allocations and care model routing.
- The Data Ingestion and Governance team has 8 engineers.
- This role has two product manager direct reports.
Requirements for the Role:
- 8-10+ years in Product Management, and agile delivery
- Experience leading product development, including for capabilities that leverage data science and machine learning.
- Ability to identify product use cases that leverage data across the organization and drive enterprise data strategy
- Ability to assess, quantify, and communicate the value of data for novel product capabilities.
- Experience delivering high-visibility multi-quarter efforts through ambiguous growth stage environments.
- Basic data manipulation fundamentals (SQL, Python), and credibility interacting directly with technical individual contributors
- Experience with modern BI suites, and best-practices for large-scale operations roll out
- Experience building and scaling product teams
- Experience delivering decision support and data signals around clinical delivery environments
- Experience working with Healthcare data, either claims, provider/rx, or ideally both.
How We Define Success:
- In your first 90 days you’ll build, socialize, and land an annual roadmap for the multi-million dollar data product and platform org.
- You’ll establish strong collaboration channels and relationships across the executive suite, including with our GMs, medical leadership, Head of Actuary, and CFO.
- You’ll deliver a rationalized framework for how we organize our derived member signals and attributes at Cityblock; taking into account the unique nature of our care model (social + behavioral) and the dynamic risk of the populations we serve.
- You’ll build strong management relationships and grow your team
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.