Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with members in the East New York & Crown Heights, Brooklyn area in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the ground floor of a rapidly-growing organization that is leading change in the healthcare industry, providing better health outcomes for those who need it most -- in a time of real crisis.
About the Role:
- Rapidly deploy to members’ homes in response to urgent requests for medical, behavioral health and social needs
- Provide high-quality, person-centered, integrated physical, behavioral and social care to high-risk individuals in their homes
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary community-based team under the direction of experienced physicians to rapidly respond to the acute and acute-on-chronic needs of Cityblock members
- Utilize Cityblock’s custom-built care facilitation platform, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family
Requirements for the Role:
- EMT-Paramedic, NREMT certified and/or with an active license to practice in the state in which you are seeking employment with Cityblock
- 3+ years of field clinical experience as a paramedic
- Strong critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills, and strong management of complex clinical issues, providing effective handoffs and ensuring loop-closure
- Experience and credibility to identify holistic opportunities to deliver clinical and social impact for each member you interact with
- Ability to adapt and operate in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- A reputation for delivering excellent clinical service with follow-through and diligence
- Strong, proven analytical skills, and aptitude for learning new technologies
- A deep commitment to transforming health and social care for vulnerable populations
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup environment
- You have experience working in community paramedicine
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
How We Define Success:
- Response rate
- Decrease unnecessary hospitalizations, emergency room visits, and unnecessary speciality referrals
- Clinical assessment skills and patient care skills
- Satisfaction of patient and referring clinician
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.