Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
The Product function at Cityblock works to articulate and codify the core concepts and features of our business model, positioning the company for rigor and scale. Cityblock’s Product team is highly cross-functional and partners across the board with Growth, Finance, Market Operations, and Clinical Leadership to reconcile strategy and requirements.
The team has both a digital arm (overseeing our custom tooling, technology surfaces, and and analytics efforts) and a “care” arm (overseeing our delivery model design, multi-market iteration, national vendor strategy, and playbook). In both cases, we look to members of the Product team to relentlessly focus resources against business need, and ship impact.
As our Director of Care Product, you’ll work with a broad range of cross-functional leaders to define, iterate, and scale our core care model across regional markets. Success in this role will require thoughtful prioritization and vision-setting, rigorous systems thinking, and building credibility across the executive team.
- Partner closely with Clinical Leadership to deeply understand our Care Model vision, and codify that into something tangible, modular, and systematized for the rest of the org to plug into
- Build and oversee the core organizing principles of our Care Model. What is common, what is regional? How do we stand up and iterate on new markets? How do we articulate new efforts or bets?
- Collaborate with Growth & Market Leadership teams to understand external model requirements, be it financial, regulatory, commercial or otherwise. Drive the ongoing reconciliation process between these constituents and our central Clinical strategy
- Own our care team staffing ratios and related iterations; ensure productive balance between clinical vision, financial viability, and operational practicality
- Own the packaging of core central care model features and IP, such as: “Diabetes Care Management” or “Home Visit Checklist”. Oversee these initiatives from initial conceptualization and requirements gathering through to MVP, iteration, and ultimate scaled roll-out
- Partner with Market Leadership to organize market-level Care Model experimentation and federation; track tests and deviations, and centralize scalable innovations
- Partner with Market Leadership to organize market-level “care model strategy” documents for each major region we enter; inclusive of model adaptations, feature articulation, and vision for corporate P&L success
- Consult Digital Product teams to scope product options and enable scalability of tooling & technologies
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 6+ years experience in new-build operations environments, preferably within high-growth multi-market organizations.
- You have 3+ yrs experience managing & scaling teams
- You have deep experience and comfort in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- You have a track record of building credible relationships with clinical & non-clinical stakeholders across an organization. You drive consensus and decision making through complex stakeholder situations
- You have excellent process management skills, with a keen ability to push back and get the answers you need
- You are a deeply analytical and systems thinker. You bring modularity and design-for-scale to all you do
- You are committed to transforming the quality of healthcare for the most vulnerable populations
Nice to have:
- Experience working directly with digital product teams in modern technology organizations
- Depth of domain experience in Medicaid Care Delivery, Capitated Primary Care, or the Social Determinants of Health
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.