Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, you’ll build out Cityblock’s legal & compliance processes and infrastructures to support immense scale. You’ll automate traditionally manual legal process to ensure our operations flow with utmost efficiency and cost-effectiveness. As the Manager of Legal Operations, you’ll serve as a key liaison to the entire organization, building team-wide communication and training materials to educate employees on legal initiatives or areas of complex regulatory focus. This is an exceptional opportunity for a scrappy, solutions-oriented operator to make tangible impact at a rapidly scaling organization.
- Support Head of Legal and Legal & Compliance Departments in all manner of legal operations projects. More specifically:
- Explore and identify how legal can proactively assist other departments, intake that work, scope it out
- Organize and create a workflow for intaking all types of legal requests and triaging into active work streams
- Maintain list of priorities and project manage priority list
- Onboard and manage contract management system, with the support of a Legal Fellow
- Draft communications
- Build out legal presentations
- Assist with internal communications on legal or regulatory issues
- Intake legal issues and triage them accordingly
- Provide limited administrative support as needed (scheduling; coordinating; proofreading)
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have 4+ years of demonstrated success in execution-oriented project management, particularly within technology and/or healthcare settings
- You are inspired by our mission
- You love problem solving
- You’re obsessed with efficiency
- You like to build things
Nice to have:
- Legal background
- Basic understanding of contracts
- Background in both healthcare and tech
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter (1 pg or less)
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.