Campaigners are at the core of CitizenGO’s advocacy work, running global and national online campaigns, and preparing or translating from English campaign communications read by millions of people each week, creating compelling and powerful opportunities to take action worldwide.
This is an exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising advocacy and mobilization organizations in the world today. It offers a unique platform to help develop and pursue large-scale social change efforts.
As a Campaigner, you will support and help lead the research and development, prepare offline stunts and campaign deliveries, and run the campaigns on a range of national and global issues, helping to channel the time and money of our members in the most effective ways possible. Campaigners will report to one of the Directors of Campaigns or the Managers of Campaigns.
- Monitoring world and local events and identifying opportunities for strong campaigns.
- Consulting with experts and supporting the development of a strong strategy, policy, and message.
- Drafting campaign emails and other communications.
- Looking for sources for campaigns -- finding relevant, issue-specific, supporting materials from the press, NGOs, etc.
- Assisting Campaign Directors in organizing campaign actions and logistics, from ad buys to public petition deliveries.
- Coordinating materials in the specific language, such as briefings to the Campaigns team, press releases, and conducting research.
- Public speaking and media.
- Publishing and editing online content.
- Correspondence and consultation (e.g., polling) with members.
- Helping to shape the overall strategic direction of the organization and, at times supporting other tasks of the organization, including recruitment, team building and management, and special projects.
- Establishing coalition building with like-minded organizations to boost the confrontational politics and mobilization’s CitizenGO model.
- Help, assist, and advise Media Campaigners in the offline events and performances related to the campaigner’s campaign.
- Reviewing, managing, and supporting the petitions published by members on the CitizenGO Petitions website.
- Monitoring CitizenGO website for functionality and language errors: typos, grammatical errors, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Needs to be able to write concisely and informally in an emotional and active voice.
- Enthusiasm for an abroad experience with software tools and proven experience quickly learning new ones.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking. Ability to analyze socio-political scenarios, develop complex ideas, and communicate them clearly.
- Understanding of how civic advocacy, citizen mobilization, and grassroots campaigning function.
- Passion and commitment to human dignity, life, family, liberty, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Willing to work autonomously on various tasks and projects, prioritizing them efficiently.
- Aiming at proactivity, taking the initiative to get the job done, and enriching with valuable projects and proposals to the entire organization.
Spanish and other additional languages are an asset.
- Strong user-level computer skills. Google Workspace experience preferred. Proficiency in Marketo and Asana is an asset.
- This job will suit someone with a flexible schedule which is able to work on tight deadlines. Being available for evening and weekend work and occasional travel as needed.