Campaigners are at the core of CitizenGO’s advocacy work, running global and national online campaigns, and preparing campaign communications read by millions of people each week, creating compelling and powerful opportunities to take action across the world.
This is an exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising advocacy and mobilization organizations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to help develop and pursue large-scale social change efforts.
Campaigners support and help lead the research, development, prepare offline stunts and campaign deliveries and run the campaigns on a range of national and global issues, helping to channel the time and money of our members in the most effective ways possible. Campaigners report to one of CitizenGO’s Campaign Directors.
Campaigns Editor Responsibilities
- Monitoring world and local events and identifying opportunities for strong campaigns.
- Consulting with experts and supporting the development of a strong strategy, policy, and message.
- Drafting campaign emails and other communications.
- Looking for sources for campaigns -- finding relevant, issue-specific, supporting materials from the press, NGOs, etc.
- Assisting Campaign Directors in organizing campaign actions and logistics, from ad buys to public petition deliveries.
- Coordinating materials in the specific language, press releases, and conducting research.
- Public speaking and media.
- Publishing and editing online content.
- Taking English CitizenGO’s campaigns and turning them into sharp and compelling specific language campaigns -- translating/editing all relevant materials, and working on the CitizenGO backend interface to create web pages and emails in the specific language.
- Correspondence and consultation (e.g. polling) with members.
- Helping to shape the overall strategic direction of the organization, and at times supporting other tasks of the organization including recruitment, team building and management, and special projects.
- Reviewing, managing, and supporting the petitions published by members on the CitizenGO website.
- Monitoring CitizenGO website for functionality and language errors: typos, grammatical errors, etc.
Campaigns Editor Requirements
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking. Ability to analyze socio-political scenarios, develop complex ideas, and communicate them clearly.
- Understanding of how civic advocacy, citizen mobilization, and grassroots campaigning function.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Needs to be able to write concisely and informally in an emotional and active voice.
- Passion and commitment to human dignity, life, family, liberty, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project and staff management skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Willing to work autonomously on a variety of tasks and projects, prioritizing them efficiently.
- Aiming at proactivity, taking the initiative to get the job done, and enriching with valuable projects and proposals to the entire organization.
- Fluency in English and German are a requirement.