Campaigners are at the core of CitizenGO’s advocacy work, running global and national online campaigns, and preparing or translating from English campaign communications read by millions of people each week, creating compelling and powerful opportunities to take action across the world.
This is an exciting position at the heart of one of the most innovative and promising advocacy and mobilization organizations in the world today. It offers a unique platform from which to help develop and pursue large scale social change efforts.
As a Global Campaigner, you will support and help lead the research, development, prepare, and run the campaigns on a range of global issues, helping to channel the time and money of our members in the most effective ways possible.
- Organizing offline actions on the ground; propose, handle, evaluate and develop offline actions like rallies, sit-ins, signatures deliveries, stunts, newspaper ads, billboards, polls, videos, etc.
- Helping to develop and implement people-powered campaigns on urgent global issues for a large worldwide community.
- Monitoring world events and identifying opportunities for strong campaigns.
- Delivering a strong media strategy to win campaigns and build the brand through impactful offline actions.
- Organizing campaign actions and logistics, from ad buys to public petition deliveries, and support with general logistical needs.
- Stepping in to support campaigns teams with other needs to ensure the campaigns are successful - providing direct support to senior staff, campaign fact-checking, issue research, to email drafting.
- Developing media relationships with editors, senior journalists who will cover and report on CitizenGO work in key territories.
- Public speaking and media work, and the ability to support the preparation of others.
- Facilitate the creation of a brand book and CitizenGO "voice" on social media.
- Designing and developing campaign impact strategies that can be delivered via social media channels.
- Translate communication content (videos or social media) for global campaigns.
- Be able to work independently on a range of tasks and projects and take initiative doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Be a team player who is always bringing off-the-wall, creative ideas to the table.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools and proven experience quickly learning new ones.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Skills in graphic design. Knowledge of Canva is a plus.
- Empathy towards our list members’ feelings, ideas and aesthetic tastes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to human dignity, life, family, liberty, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Project management capability, including the ability to manage multiple fast-paced work streams and freelancers.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Strong user-level computer skills. Google Workspace mail and Docs management experience preferred. Proficiency in Marketo and Asana are an asset.
- Based in Australia.