The Finance Operations Officer reports to the Director of Operations.
CitizenGO is winning major victories to bring about a better world and this role on the Operations team is crucial to powering that success. Operations Officers play a key role in the Operations Department, which supports all aspects of CitizenGO’s global activities.
You will focus primarily on day-to-day finance, and you will also engage with human resources, legal, and other administrative functions of CitizenGO as needed. This position calls for a finance operations professional with killer attention to detail, loads of enthusiasm for maintaining accurate and healthy financial systems, and an ability to engage with both the minute and broad aspects of nonprofit finance.
You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and work with the whole Operations Team, which also includes Operations Officers, Executive Assistants, and an outside team of financial controllers.
Finance Operations Officer Responsibilities
- Managing the overall accounting process, keeping to deadlines, and optimizing the process for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Processing all invoices for payment or recording/accounting.
- Reviewing credit card reports and expense reports.
- Managing relationships with external vendors and partners.
- Monitoring consultant/short-term contracts and renewals.
- Monitoring budgets, financial reporting, expense tracking and invoice approval.
- Preparing for monthly close, annual financial statements, and other financial reporting.
- Prepare financial presentations for Board and Exec Council meetings and engage the directors and the Board to develop short term and long term plans, projections and budgets.
- Responding to inquiries from the CEO, Director of Operations, and other directors regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- People Ops support (including support with new team members onboarding).
- Execution of individual People Ops outputs – sick days, vacation time, compensation payments, team members contracts.
- Maintaining the folder with all the contracts, official notifications and legal documents.
- Assisting with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Interior and other authorities reporting.
- Maintaining legal, tax, and other regulatory compliance.
- Helping manage the relationship with our legal, finance and tax advisors.
- Supporting the finance staff recruitment, tasking, management.
- Contributing in planning and visioning for the nimble growth of key finance systems of the organization.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Make suggestions for automating processes and increasing efficiency.
- Maintaining an appropriate level of process, program, and Handbook knowledge in order to assist team members. Document all information and updates in the handbook.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Operations team on financial aspects of CitizenGO operations.
- Other administration and organizational tasks as part of the Operations, Media and Campaigns teams, including helping to plan bi-annual team retreats, media stunts and campaigns deliveries.
Finance Operations Officer Requirements
- Finance and/or accounting experience, preferably in the non-profit sector or a growth-stage tech company. Business Operations experience is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to the defense of life, the natural family and freedom of religion.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Strong project and staff management skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is a requirement. Duolingo English Test is required for all non-native with a minimum score of 90 (B2 equivalent)