Technology has been a part of CitizenGO’s ecosystem since its founding. CitizenGO pioneered some of the first online tactics for conservative collective action — from online petitions to offline actions. Over the last years, technology, data, infrastructure, and analytics have empowered CitizenGO election program tactics, rapid response mobilization tactics, and played an outsized role in CitizenGO’s recent growth. CitizenGO has invested deeply in data warehousing and infrastructure, in analytics-driven modeling and targeting, and integrating the political tech ecosystem.
Any technology team member works with over 70 team members in over 20 countries to ensure reliable and secure systems that enable CitizenGO to do its global campaigning.
The Product Manager reports to the Director of Technology.
We are looking for a motivated Product Manager to join the Product team to help manage and improve our digital campaigning toolset in particular. This role will work closely with campaign directors, organizers, designers, and engineers to turn member feedback into real products and will be critical for setting the direction of our tools to fuel our campaigning in 2021 and beyond.
Our campaign directors can drive the most impactful campaigns when we develop technology that scales our campaigns while maintaining a personalized connection. This Product Manager role will operate at an important nexus and bridge critical teams that must work well together to best organize and empower our members.
Product Manager Responsibilities
- Manage the roadmap and documentation for CitizenGO’s digital campaigning stack in order to fuel campaigns, and improve the member experience.
- Work collaboratively with the Product team and stakeholders to design, test, and launch key features or tools, including supporting onboarding, Quality Assurance (QA), and measuring impact.
- Propose feature prioritization and decisions for CitizenGO campaigning tools, and ensure timely progress toward implementation.
- Be deeply integrated into CitizenGO’s Campaigns teams and understand their needs, pain points, priorities, and workflows.
- Work closely with the Campaigns team leads to identify, plan, and execute technical campaigning-related training sessions and skill development.
- Conduct market research, interviews, and user testing and analyze learnings to identify pain points and opportunities to improve CitizenGO’s digital toolset.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to analyze member data, propose key performance indicators, and develop tracking dashboards to understand the effectiveness of campaigning workflows and tools and areas of improvement.
- Gather requirements and draft detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, and other documentation to support technical implementation and QA.
- Run webpage, email, and other conversion optimizations to drive campaigning.
A successful candidate will…
- Demonstrate empathy for users and creatively solve problems through brainstorming and testing solutions.
- Have strong prioritization and decision-making skills, including incorporating diverse and sometimes conflicting feedback to propose difficult decisions and explain the why.
- Have strong communication and writing skills, including being able to translate between technical and non-technical audiences, surface tensions, drive to understanding, and make good use of management structures.
- Have a keen attention to detail and a highly dependable work ethic, including the ability to work well under pressure within a fast-paced, high-performing team.
- Show interest in or experience with progressive activism, advocacy, campaigning, organizing, or politics.
Product Manager Requirements
- Previous experience as a product owner, associate, or manager (minimum 3 years).
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, including market research, user testing, A/B testing, and experience with basic SQL or similar languages.
- Experience planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating product or feature launches from beginning to end and across technical and non-technical teams.
- Commitment with CitizenGO values (pro-life, pro-family, religious freedom...).
- Self-directedness—CitizenGO is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output. Excellent personal organization and time management skills are key.