Media Campaigners are at the core of CitizenGO’s advocacy work. The role is a key part of our integrated campaigns, as it consists of making them visible. The offline actions that Media Campaigners organize and coordinate are part of our integral campaigns. Depending on the type of action, they will have different objectives: to bring more signatures, to make our content go viral, to put pressure on the decision-maker, or inform our list about next steps.
Media Campaigners organize offline actions in collaboration with Campaigners on a range of national and global issues. Media Campaigners report to the Media Campaigns Manager.
Media Campaigner Responsibilities
- Organizing offline actions in collaboration with Campaigners: propose, handle, evaluate and develop offline actions like rallies, sit-ins, signatures deliveries, stunts, newspaper ads, billboards, polls, videos, etc.
- Delivering a strong media strategy to win campaigns and build the brand through impactful offline actions.
- Organizing campaign actions and logistics, from ad buys to public petition deliveries, and support with general logistical needs.
- Supporting campaign deliveries on the ground.
- Supporting the execution of high-profile and highly targeted press coverage on key campaigns and for profile pieces.
- Drafting releases, op-eds, and talking points with strong messaging.
- Stepping in to support campaigns teams with other needs to ensure the campaigns are successful - providing direct support to senior staff, campaign fact-checking, issue research, to email drafting.
- Monitoring nationwide and worldwide events to identify opportunities for strong campaigns, and consulting with experts, and rapidly developing a strong strategy, policy, and message.
- Developing media relationships with editors, senior journalists who will cover and report on CitizenGO work in key territories.
- Public speaking and media work, and ability to support the preparation of others.
Media Campaigner Requirements
- Be able to work independently on a range of tasks and projects and take initiative doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Be a team player who is always bringing off-the-wall, creative ideas to the table.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Good strategic, creative, and innovative thinking.
- Skills in graphic design. Knowledge of Canva is a plus.
- Empathy towards our list members’ feelings, ideas and aesthetic tastes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Passion and commitment to human dignity, life, family, liberty, citizen empowerment, and social change.
- High professionalism, self-motivation, efficiency, and results-oriented delivery on short timelines.
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure.
- Project management capability, including the ability to manage multiple fast-paced workstreams and freelancers.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and requirements.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Spanish and other additional languages are an asset.