Citizen is the No. 1 personal safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings,, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are fire engines passing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident and communicating with one another, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, give people the immediate information to stay safe.
Our first paid product—Citizen Protect—is a only-of-its-kind personal safety subscription that allows users to reach a digital guardian 24/7 for $20/mo. Subscribers used Citizen Protect to guide emergency response to remote hiking locations, or travel safely on late-night walks..
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will continue to expand and prioritize We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to join Citizen.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
About the role
As the recruiting coordinator, you are an integral part of the talent acquisition team, working directly with recruiters and hiring leaders to move candidates thoughtfully through the interview process.
You will work diligently to support the recruiting processes such as scheduling candidate interviews and debriefs, while contributing to refining workflows, program management, and employer branding.
You are friendly and empathetic, obsess over details, and genuinely enjoy helping others. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and exhibit tremendous ownership over your responsibilities. You delight in creating order out of chaos, quickly master your duties and raise your hand to take on more.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Own the interview scheduling process and communicate logistics to both candidates and hiring teams
- Collaborate with recruiters and hiring managers to improve upon the recruiting process and operational efficiency
- Provide an exceptional experience for each candidate; making them feel comfortable, informed, and welcome
- Act as the primary point-of-contact on interview days for both the candidate and interviewers; professionally and efficiently handling all scheduling changes and any other glitches that may occur
- Work closely with the people team to onboard new hires
- Provide sourcing support to recruiting team as needed
- Track recruiting activities and provide weekly Executive pipeline reports
- Continually identify opportunities for improving candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2+ years of experience in a coordination, administration, or operations role
- A track record of taking initiative and demonstrating good judgment when making decisions and solving problems
- Great verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with research/sourcing tools such as LinkedIn, other social media, or technical forums is a huge plus.
- Experience scheduling interviews and/or calendaring/calendar management
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and flow with the changing needs of the business
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.