Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines passing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Our paid product—Citizen Protect—is a first-of-its-kind personal safety subscription that allows users to reach a digital guardian 24/7 for $20/mo. Subscribers have used Citizen Protect to de-escalate tense domestic situations, guide emergency response to remote hiking locations, travel safely on late-night walks and Ubers.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
Product Managers at Citizen play a critical role in developing innovative safety products. They are expected to play three key roles:
- Define success - establish how to win and create a clear plan to get there
- Rally the team - once we’ve established how to win, rally the team to build toward a winning solution
- Iterate until complete - we invest past the starting line of our products with conviction, giving them the time to be developed into world-changing safety solutions.
They do all of this in close collaboration with Leadership, Design, Engineering, Data Science and Operations.
- Work closely with developers and designers to deliver a world-class consumer-facing application
- Communicate with cross-functional and leadership teams to identify product opportunities, gather requirements, and develop user stories
- Set a product roadmap and communicate priorities to the engineering team
- Work with engineering to get new features over the finish line: create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, and release checklists
- Conduct user testing and glean insights from your experiments
- Create and develop metrics to evaluate usage and success of the Citizen app
- Monitor and measure the success of product implementations, iterating as needed to improve mobile user experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 3-7+ years experience of consumer product management
- Outstanding product sense
- Practical knowledge of native app development on iOS and Android, along with the associated design patterns
- Understanding of user-centered design as it relates to improving mobile experiences
- Experience writing user stories as a product manager
- Enjoys teaching and collaborating with others
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class.