Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines flying by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. Citizen’s newest product, Protect, is a premium subscription safety offering that is already helping thousands of users stay safe. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to tens of millions of people worldwide
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Role
Citizen is looking for an experienced Manager to join the growing Finance team. You will report to our incoming Head of Business Operations and Finance (and interim to the Chief Business Officer). In this highly visible role, you will have a major impact on the success of our Finance team as you drive our strategic finance function. Your primary responsibilities will include managing our consolidated financials, building variance and sensitivity analyses, and crafting a cohesive narrative for our internal and external stakeholders. As you execute your responsibilities, you will also be empowered to partner across the entire company to build relationships, optimize our tools, and seek efficiencies in our processes. The ideal candidate is driven to exceed personal and team goals, is always looking to incrementally improve processes and analyses, and is naturally inclined to anticipate risks, take ownership of challenges, and make sound business decisions.
- Own and manage the company’s financial model, supporting all operations, cash flow tracking, and forecasting.
- Lead all aspects of consolidated P&L forecasting and reporting. Oversee the monthly close process, partnering with outside accounting firms to ensure accurate general ledger and company-wide financial statement reporting.
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual planning cycles — bringing past experience to help scale our processes, create more efficient planning timelines, and ensure continued accuracy and analysis in each quarterly cycle.
- Maintain the consolidated Free Cash Flow model to continually improve the accuracy and management of this key metric.
- Prepare analysis, commentary, and presentation materials for Auditors, Board of Directors, and other Executive-level meetings.
- Collaborate with the Financial Systems team to leverage our planning tools to drive efficiency and decision-making speed for the FP&A team. Help deliver systems improvements to support the forecasting, metric reporting, and planning processes at Citizen.
- Manage ad-hoc analyses and special projects as requested by our Leadership team.
- Bring a collaborative, hands-on approach to your work, developing open communications and productive work relationships across the Finance organization.
- 6+ years of progressive experience on a Corporate FP&A team, preferably in the technology space
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills and the ability to guide and influence Senior Leadership
- Experience implementing Netsuite or a similar ERP.
- Previous owner of, or key contributor to, a monthly reporting package delivered to the CEO and CFO; capable of researching and summarizing trends and data into a concise, actionable narrative
- Deep understanding of subscription economics
- Prior experience owning or directly contributing to a consolidated Free Cash Flow model
- Experience managing External Reporting from an FP&A perspective, including direct support of Investor Relations, earnings prep, and quarterly filings
- Proven ability to drive results with a focused, pragmatic approach
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks. Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.