Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines passing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
The Head of Product is a key member of our leadership team helping us to identify, set, and implement strategic vision around quarterly and annual product roadmaps and overseeing the execution of those roadmaps. You’re an innovative thinker, as well as an operator with a focus on building products that people love. You’re passionate about the public and personal safety space and are comfortable navigating the ambiguity that can occur in a small and scrappy environment. You are comfortable with creating processes and structure from the ground up. You’ve successfully launched product initiatives in the past, and have helped grow and lead teams with a clear and empathetic approach.
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building priorities leading to product execution
- Lead end to end product cycles from ideation, development, iterations and launch with a stellar team of engineers, product managers, and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to optimize on user experience and growth
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand and position Citizen’s strategic and competitive position to deliver pioneering products
- Deeply understand our customers’ needs through empathy, research, and ongoing interactions with customers and translate them into a compelling product strategy that continuously delights our customers.
- Built and maintain trusted relationships cross-functionally with open and honest communication
- Build and coach a world class team of product managers to constantly ensure improvement in their professional skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 10+ years of experience with product launch with 7+ years of experience managing and leading teams in consumer products
- [Start-up experience]
- Outstanding product sense
- Exceptional process modeling and problem-solving capabilities through concise and elegant solutions
- Practical knowledge of native app development on iOS and Android, along with the associated design patterns
- Experience working on products that have a multi-regional or global impact
- Experience building and launching 0-1 products in both small and large environments
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, unlimited PTO, company holidays, stock options, commuter benefits, lunch daily, weekly team dinners, regular team outings, guest speakers, and lots more!
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.