Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines flying by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. Citizen’s newest product, Protect, is a premium subscription safety offering that is already helping thousands of users stay safe. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to tens of millions of people worldwide
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist will be a key member responsible for receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and processing payments. You will provide a pivotal role in maintaining our accounting processes to ensure accuracy and completeness. This position will provide full-cycle Accounts Payable support while applying general accounting knowledge and performing tasks with excellent attention to detail to support the current operations and future expansion.
- Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Monitors coding to ensure proper entry into financial systems
- Prepare check requests, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining all requests that come through on Bill.com and Quickbooks
- Handle all vendor correspondence and set up all new vendors into our payment systems
- Process invoices from vendors, contractors and employee expense reports
- Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up to date and match invoices
- Assist with monitoring and reporting of all employee credit cards
- Research and correct invoice discrepancies
- Support month-end processing of all accounts payable
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 2+ years of job-related experience, preferably in a fast-growing startup
- Comfort navigating Quickbooks and Bill.com
- History of organized record keeping, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in an entrepreneurial work environment.
- Ability to follow up on pending issues.
- Familiarity with payment platforms and accounting softwares.
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.