Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines flying by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
We are seeking an experienced IT Operations Specialist to join our quickly growing organization. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and is comfortable working as a part of a distributed team where remote IT support is a frequent occurrence. A successful candidate is excited by the opportunity to work on a lean and agile team and is driven by autonomy, ownership, and impact. This person will be a key stakeholder in IT decisions within our company and assisting with IT and Security project rollouts.
- Provide advanced support for all internal applications and systems
- Inventory and asset management for hardware and software
- Onboard new employees and/or consultants and conduct IT orientation
- Automation of onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Strategize with the Security team on cross-functional projects that cover areas in deployment and configuration, security, identity and device management
- Help implement policies and procedures around security, and ensure all deployed computers have valid encryption, endpoint security and management software
- 4+ years supporting employee or customer IT needs (startup experience preferred)
- Deep familiarity with macOS administration, support, and deployment. (Citizen is a 100% macOS environment)
- 3+ years in administering and configuring GSuite and GSuite Admin, and Slack
- Thrives in a very diverse environment with non-technical team members
- Lead IT focused projects (system upgrades and rollouts, remediation, new hire onboarding, etc)
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, commuter benefits, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.