Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s Protect subscription service provides instant access to help the moment it’s needed. Protect Agents are available around-the-clock to address any safety concerns or monitor your surroundings when prompted. Emergency responders can be dispatched to your exact location without you having to call 911, public Citizen incidents can be created when you need help from your nearby Citizen community.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised $100M+ in VC funding.
Citizen is seeking a highly motivated, efficient, and enthusiastic Senior or Principal Technical Recruiter to join our Recruiting function. This person will support a variety of high priority hiring needs across our Product, Engineering, Design, and Data functions. In this role, you will leverage a variety of resources and outreach methods to identify, target, and source talent for our growing team, while partnering with hiring managers to shape interview processes and manage robust candidate pipelines. The ideal candidate is mission-driven and passionate about delivering a stellar candidate experience as they help create the future of the Citizen team.
- Help find top technical talent who will play a key role in building and shaping key features that keep millions of users safe and informed each day
- Implement creative and innovative ways to build a robust and diverse talent pipeline of high-caliber candidates
- Work with leadership team in establishing effective interview processes and define hiring needs
- Drive recruiting processes from sourcing through closure, while delivering a white-glove candidate experience
- Lead data-driven status update meetings with recruiting team and hiring managers
- 7+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience working in both small and large tech companies. At least two years of internal (non-agency) recruiting experience.
- Experience recruiting for a variety of technical roles
- Proven ability to strategically find, qualify, and close quality candidates, while developing strong relationships with hiring teams
- Ability to effectively manage pipelines while using data to understand and troubleshoot potential challenges
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Track record on meeting and exceeding hiring goals
- Prior experience in hyper-growth environments strongly preferred
Citizen is a fully-distributed team and offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.