*Please note that this is a contract to hire position. Additionally, candidates applying for this position should be comfortable with 12 hour workdays, 5 days a week. The hours and workdays are subject to change.
Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines racing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Role
We are looking for a Technical Producer to support Citizen’s new OnAir broadcast team. OnAir is a host-driven, immersive experience inside of a Citizen Incident, giving the viewer a real-time and interactive news experience.
In this role, the Technical Producer reports directly to the Executive Producer and will be responsible for all technical aspects of the broadcast behind the scenes. Our ideal candidate is someone that is very tech savvy, has a solid understanding of editing and camera direction, experience in live or newsroom broadcasting, is proficient in editing with Adobe Premiere, live streaming in OBS and also possesses excellent troubleshooting skills.
What You Will Do
- Produce the broadcast technically behind the scenes
- Support the broadcast technology and streams in the OnAir live broadcast
- Run OBS Ninja and control who is in the live stream
- Run OBS Studio and understand all of its functionalities
- Import user video, graphical elements, radio clips, etc.
- Create assets with Adobe Premiere
- Monitor and run the audio of the broadcast
- You will be operating the switcher and will switch between video sources for the host
- Troubleshoot any issues when needed
- Proven work experience as a Technical Producer / Editor
- Exceptional technical and communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills are a must
- Hands on experience with editing software from various applications
- Possess a solid understanding of editing and camera direction
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure and time constraints
Citizen is a remote-first environment that offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, stock option plan, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.