*Please note that this is a contract to hire position. Additionally, candidates applying for this position should be comfortable with 12 hour workdays, 5 days a week. The hours and workdays are subject to change.
Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines racing by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an Associate Producer to support Citizen’s new OnAir broadcast team. OnAir is a host-driven, immersive experience inside of a Citizen Incident, giving the viewer a real-time and interactive news experience.
In this role, the Associate Producer will be responsible for assisting all aspects of the OnAir broadcast behind the scenes. Our ideal candidate is someone that has great research and communication skills and possesses the ability to work under pressure. We are looking for someone who can think on their feet and has a solid understanding of a live or newsroom broadcast.
What You Will Do
- Assists the production behind the scenes
- Responsible for ProtectOS work: Merging OnAir, Notification Copy / Distribution, Sending Notifications throughout the broadcast
- Validates user comments and updates before and during broadcast.
- Researching and gathering information to vet sources and information to be given to the hosts
- Reaching out to users (via Protect, phone, email) to gather additional information that could confirm / validate claims made in chat / user videos as well as official sources to validate incident updates
- Produces and provides user comments, incident updates, and updates to the hosts.
- Flags any new live video of the incident for the tech producer to enter the broadcast
- Troubleshoot any issues when needed
- Proven work experience as an Associate Producer
- Exceptional technical and communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills are a must
- Experience producing live or live to tape broadcasts
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure and time constraints
Citizen is a remote-first environment that offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, stock option plan, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.