Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines flying by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced growth marketing leader to drive new customer acquisition and activation strategy on Citizen’s core product and our new subscription product, Citizen Protect. Protect is a private security product that combines the power of our network, trained safety agents, and technology to give users the power to protect themselves and the people they love.
As our Head of Growth Marketing, you will define the goals, core strategies and most efficient tactics to drive cost-effective acquisition and retention, while leveraging your experience to help grow the community, awareness of the product, and the value it offers to our users. Ultimately, you’ll be a key part of a team reimagining the way individuals think about personal safety.
In this fullstack role, you’ll own creative through campaign management, tracking and analytics as you look to drive user growth. The role requires you to balance strategy and execution as our first growth marketing hire. This highly cross-functional position allows you to think creatively about acquisition, retention, partnerships, lifecycle, and onboarding, while leading with technical and analytical ability.
- 7+ years of experience in growth marketing with a focus on consumer acquisition. Track record of scaling tech products at successful startups preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical ability
- Expert in digital marketing strategy with demonstrated background of driving growth across the entire customer journey (e.g. acquisition, conversion, engagement, and retention).
- Previous ownership of growth marketing channels and demonstrable results, owning and achieving core growth KPIs.
- Deep understanding of marketing funnels and know how to optimize and drive each stage.
- Proven growth mindset; Product led and data driven individual.
- Exceptional leader who will contribute to strategic thinking across the company
Citizen is a remote-first environment that offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, stock option plan, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.