Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines passing by. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
At Citizen we ship early and often, and you will have the opportunity to own as much of that process as you can-- from ideation and planning to development and launch. You will work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver a simple and thoughtful experience for all features we build.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to define and deliver features
- Design wireframes, flows, sketches and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Design a cohesive UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow for the Citizen mobile app
- Champion and communicate ideas across our Product and Engineering teams
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure high-quality feature implementation
- Design with an awareness of constraints and limitations as they apply to each platform (iOS, Android, web)
- Help run qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points to inform feature development
- 6+ years of experience working in Product Design, ideally with a focus on mobile design
- An exceptional portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design
- Knowledge of up-to-date UX best practices for mobile platforms
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, mobile platform design guidelines, with the ability to create detailed specifications and style guides
- Enjoys coaching and collaborating with others
Citizen is a fully-distributed team that offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock options, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.