Citizen makes your world a safer place with a powerful free safety product and a life-saving personal safety subscription.
Our free product harnesses the power of mobile technology to provide real-time 911 safety alerts to people who are nearby dangerous events in progress, helping them avert danger. Our safety alerts have helped people evacuate burning buildings, returned countless missing children to their families, and have become part of the social safety infrastructure of most major US cities. Our unique blend of publicly reported incidents and user generated video/comments provides live on-the-ground coverage of community safety events.
Our paid product—Citizen Protect—is a first-of-its-kinds personal safety subscription that allows users to reach a digital guardian 24/7 for $20/mo. Subscribers have used Citizen Protect to de-escalate tense domestic situations, guide emergency response to remote hiking locations, travel safely on late-night walks and Ubers.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Goodwater Capital, and Founders Fund and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
At Citizen we ship early and often, and you will have the opportunity to own as much of that process as you can-- from ideation and planning to development and launch. We are seeking a Product Designer who will work closely with product and engineering teams to deliver a simple and thoughtful experience for all features we build.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to define product features and ensure high-quality implementation
- Design wireframes, flows, sketches and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Design a cohesive user experience for the Citizen mobile app
- Champion and communicate ideas across our Product and Engineering teams
- Design with an awareness of constraints and limitations as they apply to each platform (iOS, Android, web)
- Help run qualitative research, identifying needs and pain points to inform feature development
- 7+ years of experience working in Product Design, ideally with a focus on mobile design
- An exceptional portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction, and Visual Design
- Knowledge of up-to-date UX best practices for mobile platforms
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, mobile platform design guidelines, with the ability to create detailed specifications and style guides
- Enjoys coaching and collaborating with others
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, paid time off, company holidays, stock option plan, and various wellness perks. We are a remote-first company with working hours of 10-6PM ET.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.