Citizen is a free app that keeps you and your loved ones safe. It is a powerful force for good that has already evacuated people from burning buildings, diverted school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and reunited missing children with their parents.
Using our unique technology, 911 alerts are made available to the public and are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content to provide you with the information you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
This year Citizen will expand further across the United States with the express mission of making your world a safer place. We’re looking for passionate, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up nationwide. With a group of passionate builders from Facebook, Square, Uber, Google and HQ Trivia, Citizen is the company your current company doesn’t want you to know about.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, and Goodwater Capital and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Role
Citizen is building a game-changing enterprise product that will help enable businesses get their employees back to work. We are in search of a seasoned leader who can help define the key customer segments in the enterprise market, work with the product organization to tailor our product for that market, and design the appropriate go-to-market structure to capture the opportunity.
This position is unique, as it will help Citizen develop its first enterprise business line. You will be based in our New York City headquarters and report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis to understand the competitive landscape, market segmentation and sizing, business and financial modeling, and on best operational process implementation to support hypotheses and decisions
- Work with product customers and the internal product team to define and refine the MVP product
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to develop specific features and services for the enterprise offering
- Partner with product and finance to drive pricing strategy
- Develop and execute sales strategy
- Build credibility to collaborate with teams across the organization to prototype, test and launch offerings in the market
- Build and scale your team to support the long-term strategy and drive a culture of strong performance and positivity
- Partner with Finance and Analytics on best metrics and ways to measure success, value returned and cost of risk to the business
- 10+ years of professional experience with a track record of developing 0-1 products
- Demonstrated experience in developing enterprise products and designing go to market structures
- Experience in selling products in the HR and/or security verticals
- Deep Start-up experience
- Experience with product or service launches and go to market strategies
- Player/coach mentality with ability to balance high-level strategy and hands-on, tactical work
Citizen offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, unlimited PTO, company holidays, stock options, commuter benefits, lunch daily, weekly team dinners, regular team outings, guest speakers, and lots more!
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.