Please note our overnight shift hours are 10pm to 7am EST.
Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines flying by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
- Set and clearly communicate direction and goals while providing regular coaching and feedback for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and work experiences.
- Support a team of 20+ accountable for the effective handling of major incidents that require urgent / sensitive handling.
- Monitor operational metrics and response times and redirect team activities as needed.
- Work with leadership to set team goals and establish reporting processes that ensure leadership is always in the loop.
- Partner with cross-functional peers to ensure best practices are shared and the entire Operations team is operating at the highest standards.
- Help build the team and broader company through management projects such as recruiting, training, defining policies and processes.
- Research and verify reported information on key events to ensure accurate alerts are shared with the Citizen network.
- At least 1-3+ years of direct people management experience (preferably in high-growth startups).
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people into a cohesive high-performing team.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of analytically setting goals and then leading, inspiring, and motivating others to deliver and measuring results.
- Flexible and open to constantly-changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within tight time frames.
- Experience working in a 24/7 Customer Success / Safety / Security operations center a plus.