Citizen is the No. 1 public safety app in the U.S., with a mission to make the world a safer place. Citizen provides 911 alerts so people can use their phones to keep themselves, and the people and places they love, safe. Citizen has notified people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks, and led to the rescue of kidnapped children and missing people.
Citizen’s 911 alerts are accompanied by live stories, real-time updates, and user-generated content so app users never have to wonder why there are helicopters overhead or fire engines flying by. By broadcasting from the scene of an incident, communicating with one another, and reading live updates, communities are empowered by Citizen. We act fast, break news, and give people the immediate information they need to stay safe. And we’re just getting started.
Already relied on by millions of people every day, Citizen will expand even further across the United States this year to keep more users safe and informed. We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help bring Citizen to hundreds of cities nationwide.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, Founders Fund, Goodwater Capital, and Greycroft and has raised tens of millions in VC funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to support Citizen’s core product and our new subscription product, Citizen Protect. Protect is a private security product that combines the power of our network, trained safety agents, and technology to give users the power to protect themselves and the people they love.
In this role, the PMM will think creatively about how we are launching new features, while planning and project managing new launches. You will communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger team, while ensuring deliverables are met. You will work with our Marketing, Product and Data teams to identify and measure KPIs. You will also work closely with brand to shape the narrative in taking new products to market, while strategically partnering with our content team.
You will have a solid understanding of product strategy, building brand awareness, growth marketing, and have a track record of strong cross-functional coordination. You’ll also possess exceptional analytical and communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, growth marketing or similar go-to-market experience with a focus on consumer acquisition. Track record of scaling tech products at successful startups preferred.
- Experience in applying consumer insights to inform and optimize the product experience.
- A proven ability in crafting positioning and messaging for consumer mobile or mission-driven brands.
- You have a track-record leading go-to-market planning and managing cross functional collaboration.
- Experience driving the strategy, messaging, and positioning of new products and features.
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Proven growth mindset; Product led and data driven individual.
Citizen is a remote-first environment that offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, stock option plan, and various wellness perks.
Citizen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.